Thursday, September 18, 2008

Weekly Reflection

UEN is such a great resource that is available to us as teachers. We can use it as another way to connect to parents, and keep updated on other people in our district. It is fantastic that you can search for lesson plans that fit right in the state core and that are created by other teachers and the Utah Office of Education. I think it would be great to find lesson plans and then get in contact with whoever created the lesson so that you really know how it is supposed to work, and then add your own ideas. Collaboration is one of the best resources and practices that should be used as a teacher, two minds really are better than one. There is a lot to offer from UEN that I am sure will take some exploring to figure it all out. I got really excited when I linked to Nebo School District where I went to school as a child, and saw my Mom's UEN page and other teachers that I know from the district. You can connect with people from across the state in an instant.

As I searched for a lesson plan I was surprised by the lack of technology used by the teachers. The gap between teaching and technology is still present and it seems that we will be or rather I hope we will be the generation of teachers that will try to close it. I did find a lot of really great and appropriate ideas though and with technology incorporated in they should become even better. For now I have decided to do a 4th Grade Science Lesson. The lesson plan that I am leaning toward right now is
http://www.uen.org/Lessonplan/preview.cgi?LPid=10089
It is a lesson about clouds and I am also going to use this website in the lesson.
http://www.uen.org/weather/clouds/index.shtml

No comments: