Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekly Reflection--Whitney Anderson

Today was an exciting day I really enjoyed learning about surveys because I think taking surveys is fun! Spreadsheets are very useful in doing grades or any kind of data that needs to be input, it is also so nice to have all of the different formulas provided because that allows you to calculate anything you need to in a quick and efficient way. I have used spreadsheets in many of the jobs I have held and can see the usefulness for teachers as they need a way to organize data especially the students grades.

Surveys are a valuable tool that I would not have readily thought of. They are a great way to involve parents in the class, get students input, get to know the students/parents, or even give a quiz to the students. Surveys don't take very long but if done right can provide a lot of valuable information. How wonderful to have feedback from parents and students about how they feel about the class and my teaching. I have been in many classes where I would have liked to take a survey on the class where I could give my input as to how I learn best and what type of teaching works best for me. Online quizzes are always nice for me because I can do it on my own time and typing is a faster way for me to communicate my ideas than just writing them out. It was easy to see the information of the people who took my survey and the results were immediate. So check out my survey here!

No comments: